Sunday, July 15, 2007

THE Week

It seemed like this week would never get here! Matt and I decided in April to start trying for #2... I knew that because of our various trips, we wouldn't be able to cycle in May, but I really thought we would have started before now. And now the waiting is almost over- for a few days, there are things going on... I am hoping the IUI will be before Saturday. If it happens to fall this weekend, I am at the mercy of an on call doc, or having to use a fertility clinic where we've never met anyone. Neither option makes me all that happy.

I'm very anxious to see which ovary is active this month. I think Matt and I are hoping it's the left one... the right one tends to be a bit more active and produce a greater number of follicles... in other words, our chance for multiples goes up. (And for those keeping score, Brody came from the left side...) My left usually has 2 follicles, but one ends up being a bit more dominant. My right usually has 2-3 where 2 eggs releasing is a bit more likely. As much as I like the idea of twins, with one already here, I'm just not sure it would be my first choice... I like my sleep! =)

Probably no more updates until Tuesday after the ultrasound... though I think I may start OPK's today- just in case.

No comments: