Monday, May 21, 2007

Insane in the Membrane

OK- I am officially scared out of my mind. Yesterday we drove to Fort Collins to spend some time with Keri, Brian & the kids. It dawned on me while we were driving home, that not only would our kids be closer in age than Gage and Reece, they would also be closer in age than Reece & Brody, who are 22 months apart. We are looking at something like 18 months if one of the first 2 cycles works.

Add to that our friends who just had twin girls and have an (almost) 2 year old boy at home, and I realized that could easily be us. We could have had twins this time- and with the meds, it just can't be ruled out. So then the question remains- if we have multiple follicles, do we cancel the cycle? Or do we pray for only one to release and or attach? I think part of why this scares me more than anything else is that I have always had a feeling that I was going to have multiples at some point. Since I was little, it's just a feeling I've had, but it's never gone away. And now there is a very real possibility of that, and well, yeah... twins the first time would have been hard, but with a 1 1/2 year old too? I'm not sure I'd survive!

So perhaps we should start hoping for good things with this "natural" only slightly medicated cycle before we bring out the big guns next month...

No comments: