Saturday, September 1, 2007

Week 8

Since I am no longer praying for a quick death- I figure I may be able to handle an update with a minimum of whining. Since about Tuesday, I've felt a little off- but yesterday I woke up with a throat that felt like it was on fire. Luckily I have the most wonderful parents in the whole wide world, and they took the boy for the day so that I could rest. Teething child and sick mama just don't go well together. Today I woke up and my throat no longer hurts, but that's simply because the snot that was running down my throat is now firmly lodged in my head. So beyond my head feeling like it is going to explode and the fact that I slept for no more than 20 minutes at a time last night between having to pee and not being able to breath- I do feel slightly more human. Well, and add to it that once again I have the most wonderful parents in the world and they are taking the Brody-monster over night tonight because Matt left around noon and won't be back until late tonight... and I have plenty of time today to rest and feel sorry for myself.

(Have I mentioned how fun it is to have morning sickness & a sore throat & head cold all at the same time? It is IMPOSSIBLE to find anything to eat- which I'm sure is just adding to the light headedness and all over crapiness, but what can you do?)

So yes, week 8 (YEAH! 2 MONTHS!) is starting off with a bang! Beyond that, I can definitely see the pregnancy belly coming out a little sooner this time. I can still fit into most of the transitional, post-Brody clothes that I have, but they are all the wrong season, whereas my maternity stuff is all summer... so guess which I'm wearing? I apparently quickly forgot just how comfy maternity cloths are!

Beyond that- have I mentioned that I think this baby is a girl? At the beginning I was sure it was going to be another boy and that I would never have a girl, but over the last week or so, I'm really starting to think that this one is a girl. Matt and I are just hoping that I'm not disappointed if I'm wrong. Yes, I would love a boy dearly- and I think my perfect combination would be 2 boys and 1 girl, but I would rather not have the pressure next time around, so I am hoping that this one is a girl! Plus, we still aren't sold on any boys names- or at least we both aren't sold on the same name.

But I think that's all the pregnancy news I have. My 8 week appointment isn't until next Wednesday so that I could have it with my favorite NP. But there's nothing huge in that appointment (other than the Holy List of Do's and Don't's), but I figured I could wait a few extra days for that.

So have a great labor day weekend!

No comments: