Wednesday, September 5, 2007

9 weeks (minus 1 day)

So at about 2:30pm MST, my uterus went missing. Yes, the uterus that is currently incubating my child. It went missing just in time to not show up for my unexpected ultrasound. )Gotta love those doctors that want to see the baby as much as you do!) So yes, it went missing and took the baby with it. It stayed missing for 30 agonizing minutes where I wasn't told that the whole uterus was missing, but rather the most important incubating child. And she asked if I was shaking from pain... yes, the ultrasound is hurting me - it has nothing to do with not being able to FIND. MY. BABY!!!!

But the baby (and the uterus) were finally located somewhere north of the border- I'm thinking Ontario- and are both doing fine. It is unclear whether the uterus intends to stay in Ontario before delivering the child to me sometime in the vicinity of April 10th, but since I have no more internal ultrasounds to worry about, I don't think I care. (I might change my mind once this baby takes up residence in my ribs though.)

So all is well. She offered me another trip to the perinatologist- and as fun as an extra ultrasound seems- it's really a PITA to check into the hospital and all that jazz to see him and have him ask why I'm there since I just saw him 18 months ago for the same things, and nothing has changed or will change. And we're going to do the early screen with the 12 week scan anyway, so I think I'll survive. (Think they'll let me change my mind around 18 weeks when I'm dying to know whether we're having a boy or a girl???)

Baby's heart rate is a whopping 162, and mom's is around 394 after all the excitement. But since we are all present and accounted for, it may start coming down now.

No comments: